Searching for a job can be one of the most stressful, tiring and frustrating activities on the planet.
Endless applications, hours in front of a computer, rejection emails and worse than that, getting totally ignored by recruitment agencies and companies you want to work for.
We totally understand. Your job search pain is identical to thousands of other people.
However, if you are reading this right now, then your job search just got even harder.
welcome to 2020.
Do any of these sentences sound like you?
- You had no idea that you would be searching for a job in 2020 and quite honestly, you are scared out of your wits.
- Right now, you don’t know whether you are employed or not… there’s a chance that you won’t have a job to go back to after the lockdown.
- The contract or temp role that you had was going incredibly well, but with all the uncertainty, you immediately knew your assignment would end early.
- Your reality is that you need to try and find a job sharpish, but you feel like you have already considered all the PA job adverts published on your regular jobsite.
- You have a CV but it’s old and needs updating and, if you are being honest, you aren’t sure if it’s as good as it needs to be to get noticed.
- You have seen an advert for a job you would love to do, but you don’t know how to make your CV and cover letter sound right.
- You have already applied for loads of jobs, but all you’ve had so far is rejections.
- Every day there seems to be more and more redundancies, and you are wondering whether there will be enough jobs to go around.
if any of the above sound like you, then you are not alone.
You are not the first person to be seriously anxious about a job search, nor will you be the last.
You need to start by remembering that you are more than a piece of paper.
More than a CV.
More than a job application.
You are a real person, with real skills and real talents and even if you are right at the beginning of your career and you think you don’t actually have the extensive skills and experience to shout about, then we know that you have a desire to learn that stuff.
How do we know that?
Because you are here, searching for help.
The fact that you are online and taking action tells me that you want to get the best out of this situation.
Now in a normal year, I would tell you that all you have to do is focus your search, learn to communicate your skills and develop the confidence to make it happen.
but 2020 is not a normal year.
All of the normal reasons why people struggle with their job search still exist however, there is also now a global pandemic to contend with, and the aftermath of that is extremely unpredictable.
Right now we are working flat out to compile all of our skills, knowledge and upfront advice on exactly how you can get through this period, without tearing your hair out, throwing you laptop out the window and dying a very slow death as you stare at jobsites.
Our plan includes all the normal stuff that we teach, including focusing your search, creating a CV that actually gets you interviews, and giving you the confidence to go out there and get that job, however the absolute focus is helping you understand the situation right now and how you can best navigate it.
If you have ever worked with us before, you will know that we are honest, straight-talking and incredibly supportive. We will do everything we can to get you through this.
Click below to find out more about our free webinar training.